Stories of love and faith are built in the cheap seats, where passion, blood and tears meet. Where legends are born. Grab a seat and become part of the family.
Like it says on the tin, this blog was born out of a passion for the beautiful game and the brilliant Football Manager series.
This blog is dedicated to the stories we love to read, enthusiastically discussing some aspect of real-life football — the more niche, the better.
It is also dedicated to the stories we tell ourselves about our FM saves. The rivalries we build with opposing clubs and managers. The love we have found for an obscure club in Scandinavia. The joy we felt when a regen we nurtured won his first cap…and the pain when he left us for the riches of PSG, the ungrateful, slapnut ****.
This blog was conceived by Seattle Red, with the support of a group of like-minded individuals who originally met on the FMCU forum, bonding through the ups and downs of their saves. One thing led to another, and here we are…
This FtCS writing team has included:
- Seattle Red (aka ManUtd1 over at FMCU; @urHakanTelleus) is the founder of FtCS, the site’s primary writer, the voice behind @FMCheapSeats, and a member of the Dictate the Game writing team. A lawyer, father, and former goalkeeper, his saves focus primarily on the vain pursuit of redemption for the “Nearly Men” of Europe, featuring hipster tactics, wildly irreverent narrative threads (and non-sequiturs) and a merry band of secondary characters in the background. For all the latest insider discussion, join Seattle Red’s dedicated DtG discord channel!
- Oriole (FMCU profile; @OrioleFM) a college student, creative writer, and aspiring football journalist whose FM saves revolve around incredibly detailed narratives that often far outweigh his on-pitch success.
- thewindsofwedau (@MarcusWedauFM)
- Wynter (@FMWynter)
- Benjoe (FMCU profile; @BenjoeFM), FtCS’s local madman, who wields a Ph.D. in sh*tposting and sarcasm. Benjoe’s FM saves are to his crazy narratives what Nelson Mandela Jr. is to Mumbu Umbolele — a delightfully-insane combo. Creator of the “magic ween formation” in his FM 17 African adventure Benjoe is known for running rampant in narrative cul-de-sacs and spending hours in dark rooms with David Moyes. A passion for the journey from lower league to slightly less lower league is what drives him. That, and a steady supply of Guinness/crack-cocaine.
- TheFMVeteran (@thefmveteran) is a dad, proud husband, AFC Ajax fan, gamer and founder of fmgidsen, the Dutch Football Manager community. He loves to create tactics and to write stories about his FM adventures.
- Jock McGhee (@32Jock; FMCU profile), an FM player since the dark days of Champ Man. Loves a good FM journeyman save, hates managing the big clubs. Die hard Newcastle fan unfortunately.
- Bombay Red (FMCU profile), an FM/CM player for the better part of two decades, who runs music festivals in India and is a huge Manchester United supporter.